Though many of our clients have moved north for the summer season, it’s important for Jupiter’s year long residents to keep an eye on the radar this Hurricane Season. In honor of our first Tropical Depression of the season, I present to you:
The Official Jonathan’s Landing Hurricane Checklist
- Keep your vehicle gas tank above ½ full through the season.
- Test run generators monthly with a load to insure proper working order.
- Consider the purchase of flood insurance, even if outside of a floodplain.
- Have cash on hand in small denominations for year-round preparedness.
- Maintain portable battery powered AM radio.
- Contact 2-1-1 to register if you need transportation assistance to evacuate.
- Board up your windows or close storm shutters.
- Trim the trees and shrubs around your home.
- Cleared loose and clogged downspouts and rain gutters.
- Perform a inventory of home contents (electronics, jewelry, appliances, clothing, etc.) and store in safe place.
- Take detailed photos(s)/videos(s) of home property and contents (internal and external) and store in safe
- Secure or remove all items outside your home (grill, hanging plants, potted plants, etc.).
- Tie down small or young trees to prevent uprooting.
- Store all important documents (insurance papers, etc) in a waterproof container and in a secure location.
- Prepare your evacuation kit using the pertinent items in the attached Emergency Essentials Kit checklist.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Fill the bathtub and other large containers with water for sanitary purposes (cleaning, flushing toilets, etc.)
Of course, for our out-of-town clients, we have a team of experts ready to ensure your home is protected from any hurricane that nears the Jupiter Florida area. We handle everything from putting on hurricane shutters to clearing outside patios are free from any debris that could cause any potential damage to our clients property.
Thanks for checking in and we’ll be back soon with another edition of the Jupiter Real Estate Report.